Most of the accommodations within the wine country of Northern California are pricey, making it difficult for many to experience the joy of wine tasting. Here are 10 budget-friendly motels within Napa and Sonoma Counties. Each are listed by the town they’re in:
On the northern side of the wine country in Sonoma County, the Cloverdale Oaks Inn has a complimentary continental breakfast and newly remodeled rooms starting as low as $69 a night.
123 South Cloverdale Blvd.
Guerneville-West Sonoma Inn
Relax in the quaint town of Guerneville, surrounded by a warm and welcoming ambiance. Contemporary decor, cozy fireplaces and plush beds invite you to return with your favorite bottle of wine for a night in. Rates begin at $109.
14100 Brookside Lane
Healdsburg-America’s Best Value Inn and Suites
This newly renovated motel is the perfect location for a bicycle tour of the wine country. An outdoor pool and jacuzzi and a complimentary continental breakfast make this a true budget friendly option with AAA rates beginning at $89.
74 Healdsburg Avenue
Napa-Four motels to choose from:
- The Chablis Inn-Recently upgraded and pet friendly
3360 Solano Avenue
- Discovery Inn-Within walking distance of downtown Napa and the Napa Valley Wine Train. From $59.95.
500 Silverado Trail
- Napa Valley Redwood Inn-Clean and comfortable in the heart of historic Napa. Rooms start at $67.
3380 Solano Avenue
- Wine Valley Lodge-Lovely grounds just one mile south of downtown Napa. Rooms from $59.
200 South Coombs
Santa Rosa-For those who want more city options:
- Santa Rosa Downtown Travelodge-Conveniently located close to shopping and restaurants. Rooms start at $58.49.
635 Healdsburg Ave.
- Hillside Inn-An affordable and cozy “home away from home.” Rooms from $70.
2901 Fourth Street
Sonoma-El Pueblo Inn
A perfect base in the beautiful town of Sonoma. You’ll feel like part of the family at El Pueblo Inn. Complimentary continental breakfast with fresh squeezed orange juice and pastries from a local bakery. Rooms start at $98.10 with AAA.
896 West Napa Street