There’s really nothing to keep a grown-up from partaking in a hotel birthday deal meant for kids. For example, a few years ago, my husband’s family headed to Sandusky, Ohio to take advantage of the birthday party package at Kalahari Resort even though it wasn’t any one’s birthday. Because there were over 10 of us, the cost of admission to the water park was considerably cheaper than the day rate without a party, AND we each got a drink and a slice of pizza. Today the party rate per person is $10 less than the individual rate.
With that in mind, and because today is my birthday, I looked about for birthday package deals for grown-ups. They do exist. Here are five of them:
- MD Resort Bed and Breakfast Inn, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas does birthday celebrations to the max. If you stay at the inn during your birthday month you can use the royal birthday robe and crown, sit in the royal chair, have breakfast delivered to your room, get chocolate covered strawberries and a birthday banner. If you’re in need of some royal subjects, the inn has party options as well. Maybe a bit over the top if you’re a retiring sort, but for anyone who loves attention. . .
- Seralago Hotel Main Gate Suites, Kissimmee, Florida gives a kid-friendly birthday experience to people of all ages. If you pay for three nights, the 4th night is free if one of the nights is on your birthday (or someone in your group’s birthday.) The package also includes a birthday cake, game tokens, breakfast for two adults (kids 10 and under eat for free), a birthday goodie box in your room, and a birthday celebration in the hotel’s cafe. This hotel is near Disney World.
- Residence Inn San Diego Central will give you a $25 Visa card for each night of your stay so you can buy your own birthday present. Use the promotional code NCL when you make a reservation. This deal is good through Dec. 31. Click here for more deal info.
- Vancouver Marriot Pinnacle offers the Celebration Package that includes a birthday cake, bottle of sparkling wine and two buffet breakfasts at the hotel’s Show Case Restaurant. Click here for deal and skim down to “Celebration Package.”
- Amalfi Hotel in Chicago has a Birthday Bash package that includes a gourmet cake delivered to your room. That’s it, but with the word “complimentary” used to describe the cake, the cake could be free. Click here to skim down the package list.
This is a reminder to let any hotel know its your birthday. You might score an upgrade, cake or a complimentary drink in the hotel bar. It couldn’t hurt to find out.
- Howard Johnson Express Inn: A budget friendly stay for a DisneyWorld visit
- Frank Baum’s Birthday: Plan a Wizard of Oz Vacation
- Eeyore’s Birthday in Austin, Texas
Photo credit: arinas74